Thursday, October 27, 2016

Dream or Reality






“Dipendra get up”, my mother shouted.
“Okay, mom”, I spoke in my sleepy voice.
After sometimes I got downstairs being fresh.
“Happy Birthday to you , Happy Birthday to you , Happy Birthday to you , Happy Birthday to you dear, Dipendra …..”,all my family member sang in the same rhythm.
“Wow! What a surprise and me fool forgot my own birthday.” I said in rather a surprise voice. In the very day, I received a lot of birthday wishes, gifts, sweets and much more.
Now, I am in my room having a look at all the things around me. I have everything like the laptop, videos games, warm clothes, greeting cards and all those sorts of things. I have got the chance to study in one of the best school of the valley. Rather than anything I have the best, friendly and happiest family in the world.
Suddenly, I feel extreme cold as if the chilling wind has passed by me. And slowly, I see those things moving further and further from me. This serve cold of Magh brings me back to footpath of Kathmandu valley, half wet due to morning dew. And, the incident was just a dream which can never be true as my life is totally in different condition.
Now, in reality, I am just a street child whose means of living is just a long thin rod, a worm out sack. My days pass with collecting plastics, reusable things and many such sorts of things.

Suddenly, my heart feels, “Oh!  God. It has already been three years, I have been to Kathmandu.”

Then my mind goes to flashback, before three years:………
Really I was very happy in those times. My family lived in the hillside village of Khotang. I think I had the happiest family in the village. My father used to work in an office at district headquarters, whereas, my mother was a housewife. I and my younger sister used to study in the primary school near the village.
It was the rainy season, our school was closed. So, during that holiday when I and my sister returns from maternal uncles’ home after five days, we found our village had been suffered by the landslide due to heavy rainfall, the night before. When we heard this, we rushed to our home and found piles of eroded soil and rocks in the place where our house was. Our heart nearly stopped beating when we thought about our parents.
Suddenly someone hugged us from behind. He was our father, and mother was standing at back, sobbing. Fortunately, our father and mother have managed to escape when the landslide occurred.

There was a little smile in ours face but it couldn’t last longer because we lost our house, land, property everything’s and then we came under the poverty line. Then after, our life was too hard. Father continued with his job but only his income was not sufficient so my mother to begins working in other’s home. I could not see the poor condition of my family, so, I too thought to do something. I had that, it was easy to work and earn money in Kathmandu. So, one day I left my family with some friends and headed to Kathmandu.
But Kathmandu was the different world. The life was harder or difficult. There was no job and money in Kathmandu. As a result, I got only pain, sorrow, and unlimited problems. All my friends were departed. After then, my friends, I mean my only means of living were long thin rod and worm out the sack. The life becomes very miserable. I couldn’t return at the home in that condition………..

“Dipendra, oh! Dipendra.” These words call me once again after three years, to the present reality. It is Ramesh who called me. Ramesh too has the similar living as mine.
When I turn towards him, he smiles as he always does. His glooming face seems to tell, “Dipendra doesn't worry. Now we are moving through sorrowful time. But the day will come when the sun will rise with our happiness and bright future. But today we should start our daily business, I mean collecting…………… ”



0 comments:

Post a Comment